Hi everyone! Yes, it's yet another long-delayed post in my Beauty Inventory series! I may have half-written two posts about my eyeliner and blush collection, but bad photos and outdated inventory means that I need to chuck those posts and start fresh. Luckily, there's one spot in my inventory always ripe for blogging - my nail polish.
Currently my nail polish collection is currently in excess of 125 bottles of polish, but this collection is whittling as I sell off some indies and Julep to other collectors, but there's one polish type I'm not willing to get rid of and that's my Essies. Whether you love them or hate them, some of my favourite polishes of all time are Essies and while I'm picky about which ones I add (streaky and thin polishes need not join my collection!) I don't think I'd toss any of the ones I currently own. So let's get started!
My Essie Collection
Any links below lead to looks I've done for the blog or Instagram with these specific polishes. Enjoy!
Top Row L-R
- Lux Effects As Gold as It Gets - A gorgeous light-gold sparkle effect top coat.
- Blanc - My GO-TO white polish. Super opaque after only 2 coats. Good for nail art. Another look.
- Private Weekend - A shimmery white, not quite as opaque as Blanc but pretty.
- Chillato - A fantastic pale lemon-lime for summer!
- Turquoise & Caicos - One of my FAVOURITES
- The More, the Merrier - A lime-green chatreuse. Not my favourite but a pretty unique colour.
- Mint Candy Apple - Oddly, a variant of the mint colour. Pretty though.
- Salt Water Happy - A faded blue-grey denim colour! SO pretty & SO summery!
- Bikini So Teeny - A pretty periwinkle blue that looks great matte too!
- Pret-A-Surfer - A sea-blue colour that reminds me of marine prints and the ocean, obviously.
Middle Row L-R
- Lux Effects A Cut Above - GORGEOUS rose-pink metallic shimmer top coat. Another look.
- Muchi, Muchi - A soft, pale pink that gets opaque around 3 coats. Check it out here.
- Full Steam Ahead - One of my favourites, a pale lavender with soft shimmer. Another look here.
- Peach Side Babe - A super soft peach shade! So perfect.
- Camera - A very red-leaning coral. It looks more pink in the bottle but leans orange on the nail.
- Sunday Funday - This is almost the opposite of Camera, it's a coral that leans more pink.
- Sunset Sneaks - A slightly pinky crimson. Great for Canada Day!
- She's Pampered - A pretty classic deep red.
- Head Mistress - This is a standard deep, crimson. Not the darkest I own for a red but nice!
- Limited Addiction - THIS red is slightly lighter than Head Mistress, they call it garnet but I'm not sure...
Bottom Row L-R
- Sew Psyched - Sage or khaki grey nails. Really good for a subdued look. Pretty unique for a grey.
- Case Study - A perfect sandy/taupe colour! Surprisingly great for summer.
- Mirror Metallics Penny Talk - A pretty rose-gold metallic. I love it!
- No Place Like Chrome - Exactly as it sounds, a super solid chrome.
- Trophy Wife - A metallic, teal-bluey green. Very oceanic and super fun.
- Aruba Blue - Super vibrant almost metallic blue!
- Bahama Mama - My favourite warm, deep plum. Great for all seasons.
- Smokin' Hot - A slightly purpley-grey. Very smokey. Nice for winter.
- Merino Cool - They describe is a a mulberry, I think it's more a smokey grey.
- Little Brown Dress - Not-quite-black, this DEEP brown has a bit of a reddish/copper tint in the right light. A nice treat!
- Devil's Advocate - A very deep black-purple.
The one thing I must warn with Essie is that before you go running away to grab any of these, ALWAYS check the swatches. My one pet peeve with Essie is that they often create special kits with INSANELY similar colours to ones they already have. And then they discontinue one and keep the other. So your hard-to-find colour may have a readily available dupe in stores.
(Keep in mind this inventory does not include top or base coats I own that are also Essie, but a lot of their nail care products are also some of my favourites.)
What's your favourite Essie polish? How many do you have?