Who is Darling Magpie?
Hey, I'm Danielle, nice to meet you! I'm a Canadian beauty blogger and lifelong Torontonian who lives, eats and sleeps with some sort of lip product on. By day, I'm a digital marketing specialist and I moonlight as a beauty blogger by night. When I'm not swatching, writing and polishing, I run househippo.org, a blog that deals with personal finance and pop culture, and I'm a competitive axe thrower. (Really!)
Darling Magpie is a beauty blog for women who don't want to look like a Kardashian, but who still freak out over a new lipstick. A Darling Magpie reader doesn't take herself TOO seriously and she may have been a tomboy growing up, but she actively loves beauty products and isn't afraid to experiment to find her new favourite product & look. She's actively trying out trend items, but isn't willing to just toss her hard-earned money on just any new product. She's willing to spend for quality, but not excessively so. She's probably got some drug-store standbys that she'll always return to, along with designer brands she can't wait to get her hands on. She's me!
If you wish to contact me regarding any interesting blogging opportunities, please visit my contact page. All opinions are my own unless otherwise specified as a sponsored or guest post.
Where did the Name Come from?
I was searching for a username a few years ago and came across the phrase "darling magpie" in a poem about the thieving little bird. I thought it was a charming passage and started using it on social media. It's become a cute moniker that works rather well when discussing pretty things since magpies are known to abscond with shiny items to attract a mate ;)
Let's chat more!
My Most Popular Posts (so far)
- Softening Up: Leaders Mediu Baby Soft Foot - Korean beauty is huge!
- The April Lipstick Challenge - I used 30 different lipsticks in 30 days
- The Great Winter Boot-Off - You guys like very Canadian posts, dont you?
- Battle of the Sheet Masks - 3 sheet mask brands go to battle!
- Thoughts from IPSY's Generation Beauty Toronto - Honest event review!
- Origins Bestsellers Kit Review - A super popular skincare post!
My Favourite Beauty Must-Haves
- Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Foundation
- Smashbox Primer - any and all of them
- Bite Beauty Lipsticks forever
- Dr Roebucks Face moisturizer
- Essie Nail Polish