Alright! Another week, another beauty inventory! Last week I tackled my first lipstick drawer and managed to chuck five lipsticks from that post alone. The problem is that drawer #1 was full of drug store quality lipsticks, discounted lipsticks and lots of lipsticks I received from beauty boxes. This time, I'm looking at my FANCY lipsticks, you know, the ones I bought with MY. OWN. MONEY.
This is going to be hard.
(Also, confession time! I chucked five lipsticks last week, but I just bought two new Nyx products! But I DID check to make sure I had nothing that looked liked it in my collection and I did NOT buy them until the chucked lipsticks had left my drawers. Progress!)
My biggest challenge with this drawer is that there ARE some similar shades, but they tend to have different finishes and longevity. But, let's tackle it and see!
Lipstick Drawer #2 - The Luxe Drawer
1. Anna Sui Lipstick 600 - This is a gorgeous, coral orange lipstick. But I didn't realize HOW STRONG the smell was when I purchased it. I love a good orangey-coral but I just can't put this to my lips. Also, I seem to have some similar colours too, so baiii. Cost? $12
2. OCC Lip Tar Hoochie - EMBARASSING, but I thought I had bought Roller Girl for YEARS and was confused about why the colour was off. I literally only realized a few weeks ago. Regardless, this is one of my favourite purples, it's almost an orchid and it looks awesome on me. Cost? $22
3. OCC Lip Tar Nylon - Could you GET ANY BRIGHTER THAN THIS PINK? Nylon isn't Barbie pink, it's punk-rock-Harajuku pink. Like most OCC Lip Tars, it lasts a LONG time, even if you're eating and drinking. And it's so flattering. Such a great grab. Cost? $9 (split a 3 pack on sale)
4. OCC Lip Tar Primer - The trick with this is to put this on about 15-20 minutes before putting on the lip tar, as it smooths the lips and helps the pigment adhere to it so nicely. Cost? $23 for 3-set with #13 & #16
5. OCC Lip Tar Black Dahlia - I've been coveting this DARK, gorgeous burgundy for so long, so when Sephora stopped carrying OCC, I panicked! Now I own it and while it's VERY FINICKY to put on, it's such a showstopper. Cost? Free in a beauty trade!
6. Kat Von D Bachelorette - A reddish-fuschia is probably the best description of this lipstick. It's VERY warm and is a super flattering colour on most skintones. Cost? $50 for 6-12 & 25
7. Kat Von D Wolvesmouth - This was probably one of my favourite finds of 2015. It's got a metallic finish to it, and its a ruby red/berry colour and it lasts for hours! I ate popcorn and soda and it was fine! Cost: See #6
8. Kat Von D Halo - I love orange and I love how this is a creamy finish, but ALSO a little frosty. This colour really SCREAMS summer & I can't wait to wear it all day. Cost: See #6.
9. Kat Von D Coven - I wanted a lilac/lavender lippie for so long, but this colour REALLY ISN'T IT. It looks good in a swatch, but really doesn't work on the lips. I'm chucking it as soon as I do my full review of the set (you know, 4 months overdue!) Cost: See #6.
10. Kat Von D Noble - This is a weird, pink but also slightly orange pale nude. It basically makes me look like I'm dehydrated. It's NOT flattering at all. This is gone. Cost: See #6
11. Kat Von D Sexer - When I got this set, I wasn't as excited for Sexer but now it's one of my favourite pinks. It's a medium pink, almost a muted neon, but also with a bit of blue/light purple shimmer to it! It's REALLY fun. Cost: See #6
12. Kat Von D Nayeon - This was my first real foray into black lipstick and I'm never going back. It's creamy, it's dark, but it's also loaded with silver sparkle and shine. It's very high maintenance but there's nothing quite like it. Cost: See #6.
13. OCC Lip Tar Pretty Boy - The way that Nylon is a bright, Harajuku pink, Pretty Boy is a muted, medium fuschia. It's perfect for a day look and it's enough colour to also go out with. It's a staple in my lipstick drawer and since it's an OCC Lip Tar, I'm going to BASICALLY have it forever. Even in these tiny test tubes sizes! Cost: See #4
14. Make Up For Ever N9 Copper Pink - This is a deceptive lipstick, it looks like a dark taupe, definitely not pink, but it's so weird! I love the way it looks, it's super creamy and moisturizing, but it's more more of a sheer lipstick than it appears in the tube. Cost: Free Sephora birthday gift.
15. BITE Beauty Kir Royal - This lipstick reminds me of a super creamy version of KVD Wolvesmouth! It doesn't have the shimmer of that product, but it leans to the same shade of red/burgundy. It rocks. Cost: Free 500 point Sephora perk.
16. OCC Lip Tar Lovecraft - I oscillate with this product. The metallic OCC Lip Tars are very finicking products, but if you apply it properly over another colour, it can REALLY make an amazing look. Full review here. Cost: See #4.
17. Nars Velvet Matte Cruella - Scarlet red and super matte! Half lip crayon, half lipstick. This formula took some getting used to, as it definitely feels really weird on the lips. Cost: Free Sephora birthday gift
18. Bite Beauty Lip Gloss Kir Royale - I'm not usually one for dark lip gloss, but Bite really has produced a great formula with a fresh, fruit scent that leaves just enough colour on the lips to be worth the stickiness (my hair gets caught in lip gloss like crazy!) Cost: Free 500 point Sephora perk.
19. Bite Beauty Lip Gloss Strangefruit - Same amazing scent as Kir Royale, but this gloss looks way darker in the tube than it does on the lips. It's more of a light purple hue and leaves a slightly faded fuschia colour when it wears off. Cost: $5 in a Sephora Favorites pack.
20. Bite Beauty Lip Crayon Cognac - I nabbed this from a friend who got one of those HUGE Sephora kits in the fall with like 25+ lipsticks and I'M SO GLAD I took the leap. This dark brown borders on a dark red, but it's not nearly as dark as my black/blackened plum lipsticks. Cost? $8 (from the pack)
21. Bite Beauty Warmed Maple - Bite Beauty lipsticks are basically my favourites because 1) they're Canadian, 2) they are insanely moisturizing 3) they are vegan, cruelty free, and are literally touted as lipstick you could probably eat! Warmed Maple is the MOST PERFECT orange in my collection (sorry MUFE!) and the creamiest and most moisturizing lipstick evarrr. And did I mention it smells like maple? Cost? $28.
22. Bite Beauty Braised Maple - This lipstick is toootaaally a gorgeous brick red. Wine coloured lipstick was super in this year so I was very, very happy to have another amazing, flattering shade to rock all winter. AND I HAVE BEEN. It ALSO TASTES LIKE MAPLE. Cost? $28
23. MAC Cremesheen Black Night - This was a total impulse purchase a few weeks ago during my dark lipstick phase post KVD NaYeon, but instead of a slightly drying matte lipstick, Black Night is a highly moisturizing and creamy slightly sheer lipstick that requires a few layers to be remotely opaque. But it's jam packed with red/gold sparkle and works AMAZINGLY over Mac Instigator. Cost? $20.
24. Kat Von D Adora - This is one of my absolute favourite lipsticks and I bought it off a friend for like, $5! It's a candy apple red that borders on orange (orange tones really work for me) and with the metallic shimmer and slightly matte consistency, it lasts FOREVER and works with so many different looks. A total treat. Cost? $5!
25. Kat Von D Gold Blooded - This was the full-size product in the Kat Von D Mi Vida Loca Studded Kiss set, and it's a gorgeously creamy medium red with subtle, but effective gold shimmer. I get compliments on this baby all. the. time. It was exclusive to this set, so it's not easy to find, but Temptalia has some dupes. Cost: See #6
26. Make Up For Ever Rouge Intense 40 Satin Bright Orange - I remember the day I bought this. I walked into the MUFE counter at Sephora and said 'I want to find MY orange lipstick!' and within 5 minutes VOILA, I was in love. It's a slightly drying consistency but the colour quite literally DOES NOT QUIT. Gorgeous pigmentation, easy to apply and it doesn't slip or move. Cost? $23
27. MAC Instigator - One of THE most popular and well known MAC shades, Instigator is a blackened plum that's perfect on so many skin tones. You can do a light touch for a more plummy look, or build for a much darker, gothier feel (guess which one I prefer!) Cost? $20
28. Urban Decay Turn On - This is a gorgeous, medium-dark, rose pink lipstick from Urban Decay that comes in a VERY SERIOUS metallic bullet. I love the style and heft of Urban Decay's lipsticks and they ALWAYS spark a conversation when I'm applying them in the ladies room. I think everybody should have an Urban Decay lipstick like this in their collection as it will never let you down. *Cost? Free with Shoppers points. *
29. Urban Decay F Bomb - My first OTR (one true red) in my lipstick collection and truly I would never bother replacing it. F-Bomb has an amazing pigmentation, lots of staying power, and while it does transfer, it also doesn't need much reapplication? It's a hard-working lipstick and will always be my fall-back red. Cost? Free with Shoppers points.
30. NARS Satin Lip Pencil Rikugien - This lip pencil reminds me a LOT of Urban Decay Turn On, but slightly more sheer. You can definitely build up with this pencil for more coverage, or leave it as a dusting of pink. *Cost? Free Sephora birthday gift. *
PHEW! The total value of this drawer comes to $253! Part of me is cringing, but also? I got a good deal on many of these so it's actually slightly less than I thought it would be.
So far from this drawer I've chucked an additional three lipsticks (Coven Noble and Anna Sui 60) with Lovecraft on the bubble! That said, from starting this post to posting it, I BROKE THE BULLET of my Kat Von D Sexer lipstick and am repotting it as we speak, so there's even MORE room in this drawer!
What's coming up next week? Well, I could do eyeliners or blushes, what would you prefer? Let me know in the comments!