2015 was a really interesting year for me as a professional, as an adult, and as a beauty blogger. Being my first year debt-free, I had a LOT more financial lee-way with my income, and I definitely allowed myself to splurge and upgrade my makeup collection from a mish-mash of deals, sales, product reviews and samples (with a few luxe purchases here or there) to an organized and well-rounded arsenal of products!
While I did do the big (and fun) April Lipstick Challenge with a bunch of my lesser-used products last year, I didn't stop buying products in the meantime, and definitely accumulated a good chunk of new ones from my beauty boxes. And I didn't even START to realize how many SIMILAR PRODUCTS I own. Hee, ooops ;)
Basically for the next few weeks I'll be featuring a new inventory and will try to ditch some products or shop my stash to find some hidden gems at the same time! (Then I get to buy new stuff, right?!)
This week? One of my two lip drawers
(Which by no means contain all my lip products, I'll have you know.)
- Pur Minerals Galaxy Lip Gloss - I got this gloss in a Pur Minerals kit that was released for Jupiter Ascending. The palette isn't anything to write home about, but I kept the eyeliner and gloss! It's a light, sparkly pink and really good to put over a pink. And it LIGHTS UP and has a MIRROR ON IT. Take note, competitors! Cost: $8-10? I used a gift card on the kit sooo...
- Cover Girl Blast Flipstick Perky - I went to an event that gave me a free makeover of Cover Girl products and this reddish-pink was SO GORGEOUS that I went to Shoppers Drug mart and bought it immediately afterwards. Check it out here. I still love it. Cost? $8-9
- Lise Watier Haute Lumiere Day Light Lip Gloss - My mom gave this to me after getting a bunch of free Lise Watier. It ALSO has a mirror and a light, but it's a more gold-sparkled look than the Pur Minerals one. Cost? Free!
- Bourjois Color Boost Peach on the Beach Lip Crayon - I got this puppy from a Chick Advisor event, it's a fresh, peach-tinged pink that is bright, and doesn't dehydrate your lips. Leaves a little sheen that I find a lot of lip crayons have. Cost? Free! (I paid $15 to go to the event though!)
- Yves Roches Natural Botanical Gloss Lipstick Corail Doux - This lipstick reminds me more of a lip crayon or a tinted balm than a lipstick. It's a gorgeous coral colour and PERFECT for a touch of colour in the summer. Also? It smells great! Cost? Got it for free in a swap!
- Model Co Party Proof Dusk til Dawn - I got this in a Birchbox Box last year, and it turned into one of my favourite lippies this summer. You can read my full review here but it's a pretty great drug-store priced pick! It also looks VERY similar to Make Up Forever's N6. Cost? $3-4
- Tarte Lipsurgence Elite - It wasn't until I did this post/purge that I realized how many LIGHTLY TINTED balms/lipsticks I have! This one is great because it's a cross between the PEACHYness of the Bourjous and the coral/orangeness of the Yves Rocher but MINTY! Cost? This may have been a Sephora freebie.
Nicka K Begonia - Nicka K is like a drug-store version of Kat Von D's Studded Kiss metallics. This one is a deep berry and I LOVE it and it's GORGEOUS. Check out the swatches here.Cost? This was in a BB5 box, so, $3-4?
Too Faced Melted Melon - I have a love/hate relationship with this product. It's probably one of the more gorgeous Too Faced shades, but the one I have seems to ball up in my lips? It's still great to wear but application is a bit of a pain. Cost? $25
- Too Faced Melted Peony - I looove this pink. I have no application problems like Melted Melon and it's such a soft, neutral shade. Not a 'Girl's Night Out' colour but great if you just want a pinch of colour! Cost? Free Sephora sample!
- Too Faced Melted Candy - FUSCHIAAAA, I love thee. This is the opposite of Melted Peony, EVERYONE will look at you with this shade on. It's gorgeous, I love it. Cost? Free with Sephora points (or an event, I can't remember!)!
- Nyx Soft Matte Lip Cream Istanbul - I am on the fence with this lip cream. It's not moisturizing, not too dehydrating, but I find it has NO staying power. (Review here!) I know people say that NYX's lip creams are usually good, but maybe I have a bad batch with this one. Cost? Free in a swap.
- Clinique A Different Grape lipstick - Every girl needs a plummy red lipstick in her collection, and the moisturizing and colour rich Clinique lipsticks hit the spot. This one is a classic for a reason! Cost? Free in a Clinique sampler bag.
- Maybelline Plum Perfect 435 - I bought this as a dupe for Mac Rebel awhile ago, and while I don't really believe it's a true dupe, it's a really richly pigmented and warm plum/berry. I don't wear this enough as I should. Cost? $8
- Quo Prism Lips in Marquise - I nabbed this dusty rose from Quo at Shoppers Drug Mart when they were clearing out some Quo collections this summer. It's very light, almost slightly purple. Creamy, hydrating too. Cost? $2
- Laqa & Co Lip Lube - I got this from a BirchBox last spring and while I haven't used it that much, it's a really vibrant and fun lip crayon and it's MINTY! I should take it out more often! Cost - $3-4
- Makeup Revolution Crime - I won this in a Facebook contest and while it's a slippy formula, it's a fun bright colour that I don't think I would've bought otherwise. It's not the highest quality however, I think I could say bye to this pretty easily and replace it with a better purple. Cost $Free!
- NYC Expert Last Matte Creamy Mauve - I HATE the packing of this product. The lid snaps off ALL THE TIME in my purse. BUT, for $2.50? The colour payoff is LOVELY. It's a bit absurd. But literally I wouldn't buy any more NYC lipsticks because the stupid packaging makes me want to Hulk Smash. Cost $2.50
Sephora Cream Lip Stain Pink Souffle - This is one of my faaaaves. I got this at a Sephora event, when I was disappointed the fact that Kat Von D's Liquid Lippies were sold out, and the sales associate steered me here instead. I wear this CONSTANTLY. It doesn't dehydrate my lips and this color is soooo perfect. I'm convinced! (Review here!)Cost? $18
Hikari Cosmetics Salsa I got this in an Ipsy in the summer, and while I usually steer clear of lip glosses these days (I have more than I'll ever use!) this is a really fun, bright colour. It has a weird plastic smell though so I don't reach for it very often. Cost? $4
Nanacoco Popular - I used to really love this gloss and actually had purged some stuff out of this drawer to make room for it. But after opening it one more time for this review, I realized that it smells off. Sigh. :( It was a really fun Barbie pink colour! Cost $3.
Total: 88-96$ in product in this drawer alone! I'm actually surprised that it wasn't more?
What I'm tossing - Before I went through this drawer I already pegged 3 lipsticks I'm chucking and there's more on the way!.