Do you love makeup? Do you love sunshine? Do you go out in the summertime? Then Coppertone Clearly Sheer Face Lotion & I have three words for you.
(Note: It's for using, not eating.)
But seriously. I can't even count the number of times I SAVE my friends in the summer by being the only person who has brought sunscreen to picnics or beach parties. Guys, it's SO IMPORTANT. I'm in my early thirties now and I have to tell you, I can tell the difference between the people who take care of their skin and those who haven't. This is the decade it starts to catch up and my goal is to leave my thirties barely looking like I'm in it! If you need some ammunition for your friends,check out this great interview with Paula from Paula's Choice, great comments about what we consider 'aging' really usually means 'sun damage'!
There are two easy ways to do this.
- Choose a foundation or BB cream with SPF (I use Smashbox and Laura Mercier who both have 20-25 SPF in them)
- Use a light sunscreen like Coppertone's Clearly Sheer Face Lotion in SPF30 on top of my moisturizer, which acts as a primer for my foundation!
We've all tried facial sunscreens that left your skin SUPER greasy, tacky, took forever to absorb or left a white residue, but Clearly Sheer LITERALLY goes on sheer. That is a promise. I generally put 2-3 pumps on my face, all over my face, on the back of my ears and another pump if I want to get my neck (don't forget your neck!), let it sit for a minute and am able to continue with my beauty routine almost immediately. It plays very well under a primer or as a base directly for your foundation or BB cream.
- After almost two weeks wearing it almost daily, I can proudly state that I had NO clogged pores or breakouts, yay!
- Heading to the pool? This is water resistent for up to 80 minutes!
- The sunscreen has a very light scent, which is a real relief to me as I've had a few out of the ordinary allergic reactions to products lately, it's actually a very soothing and calming!
You can find Coppertone Clearly Sheer Face Lotion at your local drug store or pharmacy for about $8.49, so it's cheap enough that you can be a good Samaritan and leave it at your friend's houses to encourage them to protect their skin!
This product was provided for review through Canadian Beauty Bloggers but all opinions are my own.