Disclosure: I received a free sample of this product for review from BrandBacker. I did not receive monetary compensation.
There's no time better than the spring to shake off the remnants of winter and propel yourself into the sunshine, the fresh air and the world. But there may be a few things holding you back, such as skin still suffering from damage from a harsh winter and time spent cooped up inside. If you're a regular reader, you may see that I'm a skincare jack-of-all-trades, and that's because I have sensitive combination skin. I find that my skin is ever changing as the seasons roll around and I try to adjust my products accordingly to keep my skin healthy, moisturized and bright. And the Oz Naturals Hyaluronic Acid + Vitamin C Serum joined my routine recently to help me do just that.
What is OZ Naturals?
OZ Naturals is an Amazon-based American skincare company co-founded by a Floridian esthetician who was frustrated with the offerings available to people with skin issues. The company offers about a dozen products which emphasize natural and organic active ingredients and non-irritating compounds (mostly, there are a few things brought up in their FAQs if you have a particular concern. The Hyaluronic Acid + Vitamin C serum and their Vitamin C serum seem to be the most popular ones, scoring them reviews and top ratings from Allure, Marie Claire and Elle.
The Hyaluronic Acid + Vitamin C Serum Product Description
OZ Naturals Hyaluronic Acid Serum deeply hydrates and plumps skin to diminish fine lines and wrinkles. Rich with antioxidant vitamin C, this formula leaves skin soft & rejuvenated & because it's botanically derived, it is considered to be the highest quality HA serum on the market. Basically it acts as an intensifier for your moisturizer, helping it reach your skin faster and more efficiently.
Here's my process:
- Remove eye-makeup withAmie Bright Eyes or Petal Perfect (depending on how much I have on, if at all.
- Cleanse my skin with Ole Henriksen African Red Tea Foaming Cleanser
- Put on a peanut sized drop of Hyaluronic Acid + Vitamin Serum on my hand and rub it all over my face and neck.
- Wait approximately 30 seconds, then applied Paula's Choice Resist Barrier Repair Moisturizer
So after doing this for just a week I can absolutely attest to a few things.
- I definitely felt that the serum helped soften my skin and make it look plumper. This was obvious. But a lot of serums do that.
- One night I DIDN'T apply a moisturizer over it and I had flaking skin on my nose/forehead (the dry points of my face), it needs a top-layer of moisturizer for that plump effect.
- A recent acne scar faded quicker than usual. Not unusually so, but enough that I noticed it.
- I don't know if it BRIGHTENED my skin overall so much, but I definitely felt that my skin was supple and smoother than the week before.
I have to say, I was a bit confused to why they wanted a review of this product within 7 days of receiving the sample, considering on their website in the FAQs it states:
How quickly should I be seeing results with the HA and Vitamin C Serums?
The effects you should be seeing at 2-3 weeks is a better texture, tone, glow, with a more moisturized and plump feeling to the skin. Skin care products can take at least a month to start showing any results, and if the skin is more mature then it will take longer. These serums also stimulate collagen growth over time, with age and skin conditions playing a factor as to how quickly you will see those changes. Your skin did not become damaged and age over night, therefore, your skin care products will not correct these issues over night.
This may be a Brandbacker standard, but keep that in mind that many of the reviews out there will probably be people like me who didn't have enough time to see long-term results. I know I'll continue using this product because my skin seems to like it (if you follow my routine above) and while the results weren't very noticeable for anybody other than myself, I'm interested in the long-term results and will update this further down the line.
For $19.95 CAD on Amazon, it's a fairly affordable product that will definitely not irritate anybody with sensitive skin, and if the results I'm seeing continue, it's a neat little addition to a simple routine. It's not a miracle serum, but it's definitely a great little product.