Once upon a time, I used to do monthly beauty empties and 'Finish 5 by Fall' and other such posts which really helped me work through my plethora of beauty and skincare products. Once upon a time. But as I got busier and busier I had less time to think about what I was using and wasn't using and found I JUST, KEPT, BUYING new things!
As I'm preparing for a move sometime this summer to a condo (the hunt continues, 2-3 nights per week are literally dedicated to viewings and listings!) I need to start paring down my 'base' collection of skincare and face products a bit, and the easiest way to do that is to give myself a little mini-challenge for this month.
Unlike some of the other times I've tried this type of challenge, I'm only doing this project with face and skincare products I actually like. Too many times have I tried to finish products I hated, which makes me resent the challenge. I'm cool with tossing or giving away those things now, and only focusing on what I like.
- CoverFX Anti-Aging Primer
- Pur~lisse Pur~delicate soy milk cleanser
- Stila Stay all day 10-in-1 HD Bronzing Beauty Balm
- Sephora Bright Future Gel Serum Concealer in Parfait
- Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream in Light and Light/Medium
- OLAY Total Effects CC Cream with SPF 15
- Clinique Gentle Light Powder in Glow 2
- Cover Girl Clean Sensitive Skin Pressed Powder
- OZ Naturals Hyaluronic Acid Facial Serum
- Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant
- LUSH Cosmetics Cosmetics Warrior
Of the products listed above, some I simply need to finish more of (mainly the primer, the concealer and the powders) but for the rest, I'm fairly confident I will be able to use them up completely by the end of the month!
Now, the best part, the rewards!
If I finish up or use all my Smashbox BB cream, I can go and finally purchase the Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Cover Stick Foundation that I've been lusting over! I already also have two BB creams waiting in the wings for when these Smashbox ones are finally through.
And once the OZ Naturals Hyaluronic Acid Facial Serum is done, I have another one waiting in the wings. It's my third bottle of this stuff since I wrote a review of it last year and I can't get enough!
What are you trying to finish up this month?