Hi friends! My name is Danielle and you may remember me from, oh, this blog! I haven't been posting very frequently, nor have I been Instagramming lately, and that's for a myriad of reasons.
- (Boring) A lot of work. My job is all digital so when I have very intense periods of work, the last thing I want to do when I close my laptop at night is reopen it and write more or edit photos.
- My skin has been really annoying lately. Dull, flaking, zits popping out of nowhere, and my eyes were really irritated for awhile? Not fun to look at.
- My nails, MY NAILS. Let me tell you, broken, brittle, dehydrated and peeling! I haven't painted them in a month to give them time to breathe.
- I went on vacation, came back and promptly got sick.
- My older cat needed dental surgery which cost over $1500 and caused the other two cats in the house to 'forget' her, and we had to literally separate them and slowly reintroduce them because cats are terrible.
So in a nutshell, I've spent the last few weeks engaging in some real, deep-set self care techniques which include...
- Reading a lot of books: All of Saga, Rainbow Rowell's Fangirl & Carry On & Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- Catching up on my stories (Fresh Off the Boat, How to Get Away with Murder, Supergirl, Broad City)
- Playing LOTS of videogames (Dragon Age Inquisition, Broforce, Pokemon Alpha Sapphire)
- Sleeping. Lots of sleeping.
But now that we've 'sprung forward' I feel like that extra hour of sunshine in the evenings is going to help reenvigorate me and give me more energy, so you'll be seeing more from me these coming weeks. (Because you missed me, you KNOW you did.)
How have you been faring with the dregs of March? Are you hibernating like me or actively trying to keep up appearances? Or are you one of those envious people not affected AT ALL?