It's not easy to be a beauty lover in Canada. We have weird product labelling restrictions, our Sephora stores don't carry half the amazing brands you can get in the US, we don't get special limited edition Essence collections and shipping costs an arm and a leg. But OTHERWISE? Canada's pretty neat - AND turning 148 this year (only two years until the big 150!)
Happy Birthday Canada & Happy Canada Day!
To celebrate, I've rounded up some of my favourite reds in my polish collection into a TOTALLY accurate likeness of a maple leaf. I've got some true bright reds, some darker reds and some glitter. Everything that screams CANADIAN.
And it looks like a maple leaf. Right? ...Ok, maybe not, but at least I tried!
Canada Day Polishes
Clockwise from the stem
- Julep - Rose
- OPI - Just a little rosti at this
- CND Vinylux - Wildfire
- Essie - Head Mistress
- Sally Hansen Gem Crush - Cha-Ching!
- Sally Hansen XTreme-Wear - Cherry Red
- Nails INC - Chelsea Bridge Road
- Sally Hansen XTreme-Wear - Red Carpet
- Essie - She's Pampered
- Essie - Limited Addiction
- L'Oreal Nail Color - Red Tote
- Eat, Sleep, Polish - Regeneration (CANADIAN BRAND!)
How are you celebrating Canada's big day? What's on your nails today? Any Canada inspired looks?